Tuesday, September 17, 2013

30 Days of Gratitude: Day 22 - Bits and Pieces

One of my favorite managers I have ever had is moving on to a new role. I am so sad he is leaving but so happy he came into my life. I learned a lot from him and am a better person and professional for having known him. He was supportive of me during a very difficult time both personally and professionally. I will miss him a great deal but am thankful to have known him and glad we will be able to keep in touch. Today, I am grateful for him, his support and for all that he has taught me. He once joked with me that his biggest fear for me in my career was that I was too much like him. That was the greatest compliment he could have ever paid me :-)

Even though I am still exploring which higher power I subscribe to, I do believe there is something in the universe moving people and circumstances in and out of your life and that all things happen for a reason. The below poem is special to me and I felt was perfect for how I feel now: 

Bits and pieces

Bits and Pieces ~

People ~

People important to you ~

People unimportant to you ~ cross your life

Touch it with love and carelessness and move on~

There are people who leave you and you breathe a sigh of relief

And you wonder why you ever came into contact with them.

There are people who leave you and you sigh with remorse

And wonder why they had to go away and leave such a gaping hole. 

Children leave parents ~

Friends leave Friends ~

Acquaints move on ~

People change homes ~

People grow apart ~

Enemies hate and move on ~

You think on the many who have moved into your hazy memory

You look on those present and wonder ...

I believe in God's master plan in lives ~

He moves people in and out of each other's lives,

and each leaves his markon the other.

You find you are made up of bits and pieces

Of all who ever touched your life,

And you are more because of it

And you would be less if they had not touched you.

Pray God that you accept the bits and pieces

With humility and wonder

And never question ... and never regret

Bits and pieces

Bits and pieces


This was written by Lois Chaney in the book of poems "God is No Fool".

No comments:

Post a Comment