Monday, September 16, 2013

30 Days of Gratitude: Day 21

Today, I am grateful for:
1.) My cousin being safe and sound. He works at the facility where there was a mass shooting today and 13 people died (including the shooter). He was in the Navy for 20 years (mostly during peace time so he saw very little combat). He probably saw more violence today in his civilian job at the Navy Yard than he did his entire time in combat. Dr. Janis Orlowski, Chief Medical officer at MedStar Washington Hospital spoke out against the senseless trauma caused by guns. She makes some really great points that we must change. View her statement here. Even though this was all over the news today, it seems like social media (at least my FB friends...gun control advocates and pro gun rights folks alike were relatively silent about the shooting...way less interest vs the trayvon martin case or Newton shooting or shootings from last year in that movie theater in colorado). Maybe we are just used to it by now...another day, another mass shooting, 13 more dead. That is the way things are in the US I suppose....very sad. Anyhoo...I'm just very grateful my cousin is safe and is home tonight with his family. Very sad for the victims who lost their lives today. May they rest in peace.

2.) On a more positive note....Pilates! Love my new studio so far :)

3.) For my friends and family for their acceptance, support and love for me and for each other. Seems cheesy I suppose but I am so grateful for all the true friends and supporters in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment