Saturday, September 13, 2014

30 Days Gratitude Challenge: 2014

Last year I was in a big 'ole funk when I saw a Ted Talk where the speaker said, "If you want to change your attitude, start practicing gratitude!" After watching that Ted Talk and knowing I needed an attitude adjustment at the time, I decided to start 30 days of practicing gratitude each day and used this blog to write the top 3 things I was grateful for each day. It took me a lot longer than 30 days to complete the 30 days of posting but I was so glad I did it! It really made a HUGE difference in how I was feeling at the time and helped me get out of the funk I was going thru at the time.

I was recently challenged to complete 5 days of gratitude on Facebook and after completing it, I decided I wanted to repeat my 30 day Gratitude challenge in 2014. Things are going terrific for me this year but I do think it is important to take time to not only be thankful for what you have but to also be present in your life today...letting go of the past, living in the moment and to not spend a lot of time longing for the future as it will be here soon enough.



No comments:

Post a Comment